Friday, September 26, 2008

House Installation

YIKES! these guys seemed to know what they were doing, but there were moments i wondered if the house was going to make it....like when i was talking to the truck driver, who said the crane operator has only dropped four houses before. not exactly what i was hoping to hear as they lifted 45,000 lbs. of house over a big hole.
the eagle has landed!
here comes the second half. notice the first half is supported with logs. i assume they added more support later on.

i'll have to take some pictures of the inside tomorrow. the marriage line isn't finished yet - but you'll get the idea. this was a BIG piece to the puzzle, but we still have a lot of work to do. we hoped to be in by november, but i think it's more realistic to plan on december. we are still waiting on the power company. until we get power, we can't move forward with the water and finish work inside.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Hi guys! Great to see the house coming together and read your other posts. Our blog is mkstirlingfamily.blogspot.com. I've kind of slacked lately (I'm the one who usually posts) because it turns out I'm 8 weeks prego and usually want to throw up when I'm not taking care of the boys. It was great to have you guys visit and I hope you'll come again, even though our kid locked your keys in the car.

Idaho Neffs said...

Congrats, guys! Nothing is so wonderful as having a nearly complete house you can't yet live in.

(Jesse wants to know: How deep the concrete foundation wall is?)

The Livingstones said...

I believe the hole was about 4 feet deep. The wall may be just a little taller than that. Not tall enough to walk around comfortably under there. It probably won't be fun to put more concrete forms under there and pour.