Monday, November 10, 2008

She's Back

After a month and a half of captivity in the barn, Bambi has been released. I guess the threat of some hunter mistaking her for a trophy buck has passed. She has gained a good 20 lbs. and is more hungry for human interaction than ever. When she first saw us, she ran up to us like we were old friends. I have opened the door several times to see her standing on the porch, right at the door, as if she had just dropped by to say hello....or to get something to eat, I don't know which. Unfortunately, Bambi's presence is not really welcomed by us. Although we don't have anymore flowers or pea plants to protect, Ian is terrified of her. Last spring, she jumped up on his back and scratched him. He never leaves the house without making sure she isn't anywhere near, and finding an appropriate weapon, just in case. If I ever try to send Ian outside to get anything, he collapses in a heap and cries about how Bambi will "get him".....which may be true. I can't leave he or Cameron out on the lawn for a minute by themselves because, quite frankly, I don't know what Bambi might do to them if she were to show up and be feeling frisky. She can get pretty aggressive. This is our life, held captive by a pet deer. Oh well...hopefully we'll be moving to our new house in a few weeks, which (we hope) will be Bambi free.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Shoot that damn deer!

k e n d r a said...

it wouldn't be quite as funny if that dear had another name.....bambi, HA!