1. I have resorted to entering sweepstakes as a means to getting furniture for our house. See #2, and you'll know why. I also need to start entering sweepstakes to win a new car...and are there any sweepstakes you know of where you can win babies?





2. Ian has four cavities and needs approximately $1,000 worth of dental work. The dentist in Elko would only do it under general anesthetic, which would really be preferable, so he wouldn't have to remember it, but it's way too expensive. It's over $2,000 in Utah, and I don't even want to find out what it would be in Elko....probably $3,000 - and that doesn't include the dental charges. Also, the dentist in Elko didn't even find the second two cavities. We are taking him to a dentist in Utah who will try to do it with an oral sedative. Let's all say a little prayer that it works, or we're another couple grand in the toilet.....all for a bunch of teeth that are going to fall out. Awesome.
3. We planted our first real garden last week. Of course, we still have to wait a few more days to see if anything will actually come up. But, we already have rodents working on keeping us from having a harvest. Tyler went out to find that something had chewed through the drip hose. I guess it must have been thirsty. Still, they will get NO MERCY from me! I may not be able to hit anything by now, but by the end of the summer, they're going to get blasted. Hopefully there will still be something left for our family to eat.
4. Do you think it's the warmer weather that's causing this?
Between the wall and the couch.


Behind his closet door and between the wall and the dresser.

On the bean bag. The weird thing about this is that he fell asleep during Peter Pan. That's not normal!

5. We went to the aquarium in Salt Lake before we came home from the dentist and had the best time. Both boys were running from tank to tank squealing with delight over what they found. I wish I would have been able to take a picture of the kids trying to feel the sting ray - but I was too busy making sure neither of them fell in.

Cameron was happy to find something cuddly at the gift shop.

Ian admired the huge snake in this tank.
6. That was my first long solo trip with both boys. We got home yesterday and were all exhausted. The boys slept for 12 hours last night, and Cameron just took a 3 hour nap. I haven't heard from Ian for awhile. I bet he's asleep too.

6. I love these boys!

2 comments:
1. I don't know of any sweepstakes to enter for furniture, but a credit union down here is giving away a $10,000 prize for landscaping. And they're giving away a new car on the radio. Of course, I have no idea how I'm going to win it since I am NEVER the 7th caller. As far as the baby sweepstakes goes, I think that is called adoption - ldsservices.org. Maybe you could send them a tape of you singing Michael McLean's From My Heart to Yours.
2. I hate the dentist. And I think I would hate it even more if I had to take my 3-year-old there. Maybe you could come to Texas and use my dentist. He's a nice guy and usually pretty cheap. It might be worth the trip.
3. KILL THEM!
4. I have no idea how little kids sleep like that. It's such a shame we grow out of it.
5. I love the aquarium! I love fish!
6. I love those boys, too!
Man I wish I could win something too...I can't even win anything on e-bay. We've spent a ton of moola on the dentist & I can say from experience that the sedation is great. We go to Out of this World Dentist in Draper & the kids think it's as good as McD's playground, so I don't think they remember all 20 cavities they've had taken care of there. Good luck with the sweepstakes, rodents, & dentist!
Post a Comment